Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
A yummy, easy to make bread pudding. A great dessert or good for Breakfast. I have been making this for some time my family loves it served with whiskey sauce (I included the recipe for the sauce).
- 6 slice dry bread (I like to use Bread with nuts and seeds in it)
- 29.58 ml butter, melted
- 118.29 ml raisins (optional)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 473.18 ml milk
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 4.92 ml vanilla
Whiskey Sauce Recipe
- 118.29 ml butter
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml half-and-half or 118.29 ml coffee creamer
- 59.14 ml whiskey
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Break bread into small pieces into an 8 inch square baking pan.
- Drizzle melted butter over bread.
- Sprinkle with raisins, if desired.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Beat until well mixed.
- Pour mixture over bread, and lightly push down with a fork until bread is covered and soaking up the egg mixture.
- Bake 45 minutes, or until the top springs back when lightly tapped.
- I like to serve it with a whiskey Sauce: Cook together for just a few minutes, VERY GOOD.
Easy and very good comfort food. I made the whiskey sauce and another lemon one. Was good with both. Great way to use leftover bread. I love bread pudding! Thanx Barb!1
AMAZING IS ALL I CAN SAY. Thank you Barb for sharing your recipe.
Ms Gertz, this is the only recipe I use for bread pudding. I've made it many times and apologize for not reviewing before now. I shop for Pannetone during the Christmas season just to make your recipe! One Pannetonne makes 2 8-inch pans or 1 9x13 pan full. If using the smaller pans, one goes to a neighbor or to the freezer to savor later. The whisky sauce is a keeper too. Many thanks for posting as it is a comfort food that reminds me of my Mom.