Recipe by Barb G.
A yummy, easy to make bread pudding. A great dessert or good for Breakfast. I have been making this for some time my family loves it served with whiskey sauce (I included the recipe for the sauce).
- 6 slice dry bread (I like to use Bread with nuts and seeds in it)
- 29.58 ml butter, melted
- 118.29 ml raisins (optional)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 473.18 ml milk
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 4.92 ml vanilla
Whiskey Sauce Recipe
- 118.29 ml butter
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml half-and-half or 118.29 ml coffee creamer
- 59.14 ml whiskey
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Break bread into small pieces into an 8 inch square baking pan.
- Drizzle melted butter over bread.
- Sprinkle with raisins, if desired.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Beat until well mixed.
- Pour mixture over bread, and lightly push down with a fork until bread is covered and soaking up the egg mixture.
- Bake 45 minutes, or until the top springs back when lightly tapped.
- I like to serve it with a whiskey Sauce: Cook together for just a few minutes, VERY GOOD.