Recipe by faith58
Dh got this recipe out of the paper and we made them tonight and they are so good. I thought I would share them with you. I doubled the spices to roll the breadsticks in.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
These breadsticks are really good and so easy to make!! Can't wait to make them again for my grandchildren. Have plenty of leftover breadsticks to have as an appetizer for another meal -- not sure how they will reheat, but worth a try. Thanks for the post. Made for the Let's P A R T Y tag, January, 2012.
- 1 (13 7/8 ounce) packagerefrigerated pizza dough
- 6 part-skim mozzarella string cheese, halved
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup warm marinara sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Unroll pizza crust and press into a 14-inch square on a lightly floured board.
- Cut into 4 squares, then cut each piece into thirds to make 12 strips.
- Place a piece of string cheese on each and pull up dough to enclose, pinching seams well.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet, lightly brush with oil.
- Lightly brush the breadsticks with oil.
- Mix parmesan cheese and seasonings in a small bowl and sprinkle over breadsticks. Roll each several times to call all sides with parmesan mixture.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with marinara sauce.