Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Dh got this recipe out of the paper and we made them tonight and they are so good. I thought I would share them with you. I doubled the spices to roll the breadsticks in.
- 1 (13 7/8 ounce) packagerefrigerated pizza dough
- 6 part-skim mozzarella string cheese, halved
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup warm marinara sauce
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Unroll pizza crust and press into a 14-inch square on a lightly floured board.
- Cut into 4 squares, then cut each piece into thirds to make 12 strips.
- Place a piece of string cheese on each and pull up dough to enclose, pinching seams well.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet, lightly brush with oil.
- Lightly brush the breadsticks with oil.
- Mix parmesan cheese and seasonings in a small bowl and sprinkle over breadsticks. Roll each several times to call all sides with parmesan mixture.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with marinara sauce.
These breadsticks are really good and so easy to make!! Can't wait to make them again for my grandchildren. Have plenty of leftover breadsticks to have as an appetizer for another meal -- not sure how they will reheat, but worth a try. Thanks for the post. Made for the Let's P A R T Y tag, January, 2012.
These are yummy, easy and fun to make with the family! We enjoyed ours with Quick Pizza Soup for a great winter vacation lunch. Thanks for another great recipe faith58!
Since my dh is doing South Beach, I had to wait for the opportunity to arise when he wasn't home for dinner. One of my son's schools offers something like this as an entree for lunch and now I know why. It's a lot less prep than a pizza yet is a lot like having one especially with a hearty sauce. Paired this with a salad and some fresh fruit with dip and we were good to go! Thanks Faith!