Recipe by Sackville
For all you peanut butter and chocolate lovers out there, THIS IS THE RECIPE FOR YOU!! Very simple to throw together, smells great baking in the oven and tastes even better!
Top Review by Chrissyo
Just "scrum-diddley-licious" brownies. I love peanut butter. My daughter loves chocolate. This is the perfect recipe for us. It is easy to make. The recipe comes together quickly. The smell of the peanut butter and chocolate cooking nearly killed me! We could not wait for the brownies to cool down. There we were munching into hot brownies. :-) The brownies are not overly sweet. The peanut butter and chocolate counter act each other. My daughter took some to work and my friends had the rest for afternoon tea. Everyone that ate these brownies asked for the recipe. I am not going to tell you what these brownies look like. You are just going to have to cook these "darlings" for yourself to find out.
- 6 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup chunky peanut butter or 1⁄2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 ounces baking chocolate, cut into small chunks
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line an 8 inch square or round baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Use an electric mixer to beat butter in large bowl until smooth.
- Add peanut butter to butter, beating until well blended.
- Beat in brown sugar.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Sift flour and baking powder into medium bowl.
- Add to peanut butter mixture, blend and stir in chocolate.
- Transfer batter to pan and use a spatula to smooth top.
- Bake until toothpick inserted 2 inches from edge of pan comes out with moist crumbs attached, about 33 minutes.
- Transfer pan to rack, use aluminum foil to lift brownies from pan, remove and cool completely.
- Cut brownies into squares.