Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is so good and easy too. I love to have them on Saturday mornings with my coffee!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (I use 1 cup white and 1 cup wheat)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups berries (any type you want or a combination...I like a blueberry and raspberry combination. Fresh is best but)
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, mix milk, oil, and eggs.
- Stir into dry ingredients.
- Mix until just blended.
- Don't mix until smooth, batter should be a little lumpy.
- Fold in berries.
- Divide mixture evenly into greased large muffin tins.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven 15-18 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
These are sooooo good! I made them for breakfast yesterday and my dad said they were the best muffins he's ever had! I used fresh picked raspberries from my backyard, which were sweet enough to use on their own. I'll definitely be using this recipe again!
Delicious and so easy! I mixed the dry stuff together at home and then brought it up to the cabin - just add the wet stuff and some berries from a local fruit stand and presto- fresh-baked muffins! Thank you so much for this easy recipe, I will use again and again.
Very nice muffins! I used all white flour, as I didn't have any whole wheat in the house. I had a bag of frozen mixed beries (blueberry, blackberry, & raspberry) & used them. Got a bit of a wierd blue color to the muffins because I didn't rinse the berries well enough, but that's no fault of the recipe! I also used buttermilk instead of the milk as I had some I needed to use up. The directions were clear, it was easy to put together, & the result was yummy muffins for breakfast! Thanks, SF Girl.