Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Yummy doesn't seem likely for such a lovely dish as this, but it is soooooooo awesome and tasty that the title is going to stay put. This is healthy and delicious for breakfast straight through to the end of an evening meal. Update 05/07/2009 made this dish again and we tried it with three different kinds of nuts - mixed nuts, macadamia nuts & cashews - end result was after the pistachios, I voted for the macadamia nuts.;)
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 pint strawberry
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar or 1⁄4 cup brown sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- sprinkling of finely chopped pistachio nuts or cashew nuts or macadamia nuts
- Wash and drain berries on paper towel.
- Combine sour cream, brown sugar or brn sugar substitute, vanilla and salt in a bowl.
- Pour over berries and gently combine.
- Spoon into glass parfait dishes and top with pistachios.
This was sooooo delicious. I used light sour cream, but what a treat and healthy too. The only thing I did not do was top with the pistachio nut. I was too lazy to chop some up last night, but I will try it with the nuts tonight. Thanks so much for this "yummy" recipe.