Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Totally Delicious ! If you love beets but are tired of serving them plain, then you have to try this. I have been perfecting this recipe for the past few weeks and I think I have found a winner. I served it to the family last night and they were almost licking their plates ! This salad is bester served cold or room temperature. Enjoy !
- 2 bunches of fresh beets
- 2 fresh mandarin oranges or 1 can mandarin orange section
- 1⁄2 cup of raspberry vinaigrette (bottled)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 dash salt or 1 dash pepper
- Cut the tops off the beets and boil whole beets until tender -- about 15-20 minutes. Drain and cut into quarters. Section the mandarin oranges into small pieces or if using canned, then drain the liquid from the oranges.
- Put the quarter beets and mandarin oranges into a medium sized bowl. Mix the dressing and pour over it. Mix thoroughly. Best to let this sit for 1/2 to allow the flavours to blend before serving.
Made this for PAC Fall '06. Brought this to work.... The beet lovers went back fo seconds & everyone else really liked it. I had to add a little lime juice & extra salt but this is a nice recipe. I will make this again for sure. Thanks for sharing.