Recipe by Dominique353
Easy to make and tastes great on a cold day. A hearty soup, not for those who like a soup with lots of broth...Tastes great with fresh biscuits.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, ground
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons cheese, & jalepeno dip mix (Epicure)
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 5 -6 cups hot water
- 2 -3 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 (15 ounce) can navy beans
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium pot, cook onion, garlic, ginger, and spice in a small amount of oil until the onion starts to brown.
- Add ground beef and cook until brown stirring frequently so there are no big chunks.
- Add celery,carrot,parsley and water. Bring to a boil.
- Crumble the beef cubes into the boiling pot and stir well.
- Rinse the navy beans well and add to pot.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes.