Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Ooey, gooey and delicious! Has the flavor of chocolate and toffee. What more could you want.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup nuts
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Combine crust ingredients in small bowl and blend well.
- Press into bottom of ungreased 9x13 baking pan.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven to cool slightly.
- Increase oven temp to 375°.
- In medium bowl combine 1 cup brown sugar, 2 tbsp flour, baking powder and eggs.
- Blend well.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Pour topping evenly over crust, spreading lightly, if necessary.
- Bake at 357° for 13 to 18 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.
These were easy to make and tasted great - very rich and delicious. I followed the recipe exactly and they came out perfect! Thanks for sharing this KyJo!
WOOOOOHOOOOOOOO! Are these delicious! I followed directions as written and these were every bit as good as promised and even better than promised! Rich, very rich, I would cut them into smaller bars and just keep going back for more!
Great tasting! These were quick and easy to make. Everyone liked these and keep coming back for more. I should of make two pans to take to church at least that way I might have had some to bring home. Had several ladies ask for the recipe. I did not add the nuts.