Recipe by mel johnson
Top Review by LonghornMama
Yummy and sweet! So easy and bananas and caramel are meant to go together. Milk needed to cook longer for the right consistency. If you don't want to fool with a water bath, the sweetened condensed milk can also be done in a dip size crockpot. Just stir periodically with a whisk until it has the color and consistency of peanut butter.
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker crust
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 bananas
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 (1 1/2 ounce) english toffee-flavored candy bars, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F (165°C).
- Fill a large saucepan with water and bring to a boil.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk into a small baking dish.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Set dish in a larger baking pan.
- Place pan on oven rack and pour boiling water into larger pan, to at least 1 inch deep.
- Carefully slide rack back into oven.
- Bake 1 hour, until milk is thick and caramelized.
- Slice bananas and arrange on bottom of graham cracker crust.
- Pour caramelized milk over bananas and allow to cool 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whip cream until soft peaks form.
- Add confectioners' sugar and continue to whip until stiff.
- Spread over cooled caramel.
- Sprinkle with crushed toffee.
- Chill 3 hours before serving.