Recipe by Jessie_loves_desserts
This is a recipe my mother taught me. It is really simple and tastes very nice. It's also great because it has no milk in it. This is definitely a recipe for the milk-free family!
Top Review by Silverbelle1120
Interesting coffee cake kind of cake. Quick prep. I made it in a tube pan. Pan needs to be greased. Cake color is warm brown, texture is good, nutmeg is not as noticeable as I had expected, banana flavor is not evident either, not very sweet. Needs chocolate icing or tofu cream cheese icing to really please. I might use vegan chocolate chips next time. My oven baked this in 50 minutes.
- 2 bananas
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 3 whisked eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree bananas in a bender.
- Add the oil and whisked eggs to the blender. Blend mixture together until mixed well, but still lumpy.
- In a separate bowl whisk flour, sugar, nutmeg and baking powder. Slowly pour in wet mixture. Mix mixture together until it is mixed well.
- Pour into a 8-inch round baking pan.
- Bake at 360°F (180°C) for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted to center comes out clean.