Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Looking for a moist, tasty, and easy banana bread? Look no further! This recipe is so divine. I get raves every time I make it. It doesn't have butter in it, instead it has a little bit of sour cream, which i way better.
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 3 1⁄2 bananas, ripe
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup walnuts, toasted (optional)
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line the bottom of a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Beat sugar and eggs with a whisk until light and fluffy.
- Drizzle in oil.
- Add mashed bananas, sour cream, and vanilla.
- Fold in dry ingredients and nuts.
- Pour into a lined loaf pan and bake for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
I made the recipe in 12 muffins. I used only 1/2 cup of sugar. The muffins are moist. I baked them 20 minutes. Thanks allierowe :) Made for Cookbook tag game
This is a great banana bread! I made it as written and it was perfect. The aroma wafted through the house and made my tummy growl while I was waiting for it to get done. Thanks for sharing the best banana bread I've ever made. Made for PAC Fall 2011.
Excellent banana bread! The consistency is perfect. The banana flavor shines through and is so tasty. Thank you for sharing! Made for Fall Pick A Chef in the contest and events forum.