Recipe by polly salama
This is the best banana bread I have ever had!! It is so moist, I believe it is due to the over ripe bananas and the sour cream. You must try it!!!
Top Review by Mille®
Great recipe, polly. On my next batch though, I'm going to add more banana and a smidgen of banana extract for a little more distinct banana flavour. I made them as muffins and they were done after about 45 minutes. I took about 1/2 of them, along with a stick of butter, to work and left them by the coffee maker. They were gone within an hour.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour (unbleached)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup very ripe banana (the riper the better, I wait until the entire peel is very dark brown)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional) or 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- With an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, next add the eggs; beat thoroughly.
- Add the honey and mix well.
- Sift in the dry ingredients.
- Blend well.
- Add sour cream, bananas and vanilla; again blend well.
- At this time if you are adding nuts add them and mix them thoroughly.
- You can bake this as muffins, mini breads or a bread, it's up to you.
- Adjust the baking time to the choice you make.
- For a bread bake one hour or until a toothpick comes out of the center and its clean.