Prep 15 mins
Cook 28 mins
This recipe came from the back of a Ziti box. I love it and wanted to post it because it is not always on the back of the box. It is simple and my daughter thinks it is the best dinner ever!
- 3 cups ziti pasta, uncooked
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 3⁄4 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Cook pasta according to package directions for 8 minutes; drain and make sure to let it cool.
- Add spaghetti sauce; stir.
- In small bowl, stir together ricotta cheese, 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese and add seasoning to taste.
- In a 13x9x2-inch baking dish, spoon one-half of the pasta mixture; spread cheese mixture over the top; add remaining pasta; sprinkle the remaining mozzarella.
- Cover loosely with foil; bake 25 minutes. Remove foil; bake for 5 more minutes or until hot and bubble;
- 7 servings of one cup.
I've been serving this to the family for some time now, and I have to say, it is just wonderful. The recipe say it serves 7 people, though. There are only 4 of us, and there are never leftovers! This is also great with baby spinach and crumbled Italian sausage mixed in!
This was really good. All of my bunch ate it up. This is definitely a keeper.note: I couldn't find ziti so had to use rotini and I made it on top of the stove because I was in a real hurry. I can't wait to try it baked because I think it would be even better.