Recipe by Jenny Gardner
Delicious and creamy baked potato recipe created by my friend Asif Zamir in Toronto Canada.
- 1 baking potato
- 1 teaspoon butter or 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 dash of grated cheddar cheese
- 3 teaspoons sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to bake at 400°F.
- Wash the potato in warm water to clean off dirt. Place the potato on the oven racks middle tray so it receives heat evenly. Do not poke holes in the potato!
- After 40 minutes the potato may swell up, so at this time hit it gently with a wooden spoon to break the skin. This prevents the potato from breaking in the oven.
- After 60 minutes reduce the heat to 100°F or as close to that as possibles (oven temperatures vary). Leave the potato for another 2 hours.
- After a total of 3 hours the potato should be sweating, and the insides should be a grayish or even bronze color. Make a slit at the top of the potato, add your butter, salt, black pepper and grated cheese. Mix the potato up with a fork, BUT DO NOT MASH THE POTATO! Add sour-cream to the top and serve!
- And as my friend Asif says, enjoy it with a glass of Canadian wine!