Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is another recipe from my MIL that my family really enjoys. The kids really like the bacon in it. The cooking time is approximate. Enjoy!
- 3 slices bacon, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sweet potatoes, cut in 1/4-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon and onion until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients to skillet.
- Stir to combine all ingredients.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until sweet potatoes are done.
Very easy to make and VERY tasty.
Great potatoes!! The sweetness from the sweet potatoes and the saltiness from the bacon was a perfect match! Made with shallots rather than onions. Will make these again! Made for ZWT8.
Yummy says it all! Never made sweet potatoes with bacon, this is a wonderful combination which I will make again. I used turkey bacon for the bacon and a little more butter, and we had this with Huevos Divorciados which makes a perfect match. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
Made for ZWT 8 / Aus / NZ for the Lively Lemon Lovelies