1 hr 5 mins
Um Safia's Note:
This is a very nice coffee tart. I don't remember having had anything similar, it is very easy and quick to make. Time to make doesn't include chill time. This recipe comes from 'sofeminine.co.uk'.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g icing sugar (confectioners)
- 1 teaspoon coffee extract (or 1 tsp instant coffee mixed with a tiny amount of boiling water)
- 4 egg whites
- 1Make base:
- 2Mix pastry ingredients together, rubbing in fat with your fingers and make into a ball.
- 3Roll out onto a floured surface and line a greased flan dish.
- 4Leave to rest in fridge for at least an hour.
- 5Pre-cook pastry for 15 minutes at 200°C (Gas 6).
- 6Make filling:
- 7Mix one egg white, sugar and coffee extract with a wooden spoon, then whisk until soft peaks form.
- 8Lightly beat the other egg whites & fold into the above mix carefully.
- 9Pour mixture onto warm pastry base.
- 10Cook for 30 minutes at 220°C (Gas 7).
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yummy Austrian Coffee Tart!
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 486.9
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 49.8 mg
- Sodium 171.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 41.5 g
- Protein 7.0 g