Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a very nice coffee tart. I don't remember having had anything similar, it is very easy and quick to make. Time to make doesn't include chill time. This recipe comes from 'sofeminine.co.uk'.
- 140 g plain flour
- 140 g melted butter
- 40 g ground almonds
- 40 g granulated sugar
- 250 g icing sugar (confectioners)
- 1 teaspoon coffee extract (or 1 tsp instant coffee mixed with a tiny amount of boiling water)
- 4 egg whites
- Make base:
- Mix pastry ingredients together, rubbing in fat with your fingers and make into a ball.
- Roll out onto a floured surface and line a greased flan dish.
- Leave to rest in fridge for at least an hour.
- Pre-cook pastry for 15 minutes at 200°C (Gas 6).
- Make filling:
- Mix one egg white, sugar and coffee extract with a wooden spoon, then whisk until soft peaks form.
- Lightly beat the other egg whites & fold into the above mix carefully.
- Pour mixture onto warm pastry base.
- Cook for 30 minutes at 220°C (Gas 7).