Recipe by Clifford Boren
This is best with Chicken Tonight sweet and sour sauce, but you may substitute other brands. Serve it with an orange and jicama salad.
- 6 chicken breasts, i prefer skinless boneless for the reduction in fat
- 1 tablespoon canola oil (If you can get it in your area, Canola Balance is the best. It is actually good for you.)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jar chicken tonight cooking sauce for chicken sweet and sour sauce
- 1⁄3 cup apricot preserves, the all fruit type is best,less sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper, less if you are wimpy about chili
- hot cooked brown rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the chicken in oil.
- Add garlic and lightly sautee.
- Don't let it burn.
- Drain fat.
- In a bowl, combine sweet and sour with apricot preserves, Dijon mustard, dried apricots and red pepper.
- Pour over chicken, cover, and simmer for 45 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Serve over hot rice.