Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is just too easy to make :) Great for when you want something without going to too much effort.
- 125 g butter (softened but not melted)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 -3 apples (quartered and cut into thin slices)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- Pre heat oven to 180'C/350'F.
- Place all ingredients except the apples, cinnamon & brown sugar into bowl of mixer.
- Beat on low speed until combined.
- Increase speed to medium and beat for 3 minutes.
- Spread into a greased sponge roll/slice tin.
- Press the thin apple slices neatly into mixture.
- Mix the cinnamon & brown sugar together and sprinkle over the top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Cut into slices when cool.
Sorry, forgot the stars : )
A very nice way to use up those last couple of apples. We served this with some Bird's custard after supper last night.