Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I adopted this recipe from the back of a sugar pack.The original recipe asked for peaches and no baking powder. My DH is very picky about desserts, this was his fav, Kids love it too..You can make it a day ahead.You can ad any fruit you like, serve it with whipped cream, vanilla ice cream or enjoy as is.
- 1 cup sliced apple
- 1 peeled & cubed mango
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine the apples, Mango slices, 1/2 cup sugar and water in a sauce pan and mix well. Bring to boil and let it simmer for 7-8 minute.
- Put the butter in 8X8 square baking dish.Place it in the oven until it melts.
- Mix flour, remaining 1/2 cup sugar,baking powder and milk. Mix well.
- Pour mixture over melted butter. Do not stir. Spoon fruit on top, gently pour syrup on top as well. Sprinkle with ground cinnamon.
- Bake for 35-40 minute until its light brown and clean toothpick comes out clean.
Fantastic! Very tasty, not too soupy, and the apple and mango combination was great! I even screwed up a bit and put in the full cup of sugar with the syrup and it turned out fine. I will be making this again!