Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is the perfect fall dish--especially if you get freshly picked apples. You can use any type of apple you'd like, but I prefer Macintosh apples myself.
- 4 -5 apples
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup oats
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- orange juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash allspice
- Core and slice your apples.
- Add a very small amount orange juice to the apples (enough to coat them lightly).
- Spread them out in a medium sized baking pan.
- In a separate bowl, mix your dry ingredients.
- Add in the canola oil and mix until you have a crumbly mixture that can be easily packed together in your hand.
- Spread the mixture in the bowl over the apples.
- Place in oven at 375°F and cook until the top is golden brown.
What a delicious apple crisp! We had it warm with vanilla ice cream and we enjoyed it to the fullest! It wasn't long and it was all gone!