1/2 Photos of Yummy and Super Easy Crock Pot Oatmeal
10 hrs 5 mins
Tip for oatmeal: make it in the crock pot overnight! It comes out very creamy from the slow cooking, and I love being able to get up and have that hot steamy bowl right away without having to do anything at all. You do have to clean up the crock pot, but you can make a large quantity and refrigerate the leftovers to be heated in the microwave for the next several days. I use two cups of oatmeal at a time, which is enough for four breakfasts (for me, anyway; probably more for people who don't have huge bowls like I do).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the oats and the water, along with anything else you want to add to the mix in the crock pot, turn on to low, and go to bed thinking about what a great breakfast you're going to have!
- 2I scoop it out of the crock pot and eat it with maple syrup, or blueberry syrup, or pourable fruit, and soy milk--yum!
- 3To reheat leftovers, I usually add a little water, and stir it a couple of times while microwaving until it's hot.
- 4You can add other flavorings as you like, such as dried fruits, other sweet spices, diced apples, etc.
- 5I usually put raisins on after it's cooked because I like them chewy.
- 6I've been meaning to try dried cranberries.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yummy and Super Easy Crock Pot Oatmeal
Serving Size: 1 (396 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.5
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 13.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 5.3 g