Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Quick to make and delicious to eat! I wrap them in foil and take them to work with me. If I have flavored baked tofu, I'll add slices of that, and any other veggies taste good as well. A satisfying and nutritious lunch!
- 1 whole wheat pita bread
- 2 tablespoons hummus
- 1 medium tomatoes (I use organic roma)
- 1⁄4 cucumber
- 2 -3 slices red onions
- 1⁄4 avocado, always tastes good
- 1⁄2 cup Baby Spinach
- Cut off a small piece of the pita so you can reach inside. Sometimes I microwave the pita for a few seconds-it makes it more flexible to put things inside without breaking!
- With a spoon or knife, spread inside with hummus.
- Thinly slice cucumber and tomato and place inside, with red onion.
- If you are using avocado, mash it up with a knife and spread on inside top of pita-it makes it easier!
- Stuff the spinach in-it's easiest if you dice it first. Enjoy!
Yum!!! Just what I needed to go with gazpacho on a hot day.