Recipe by Arashijing
Moist and super yummy Raisin Muffins. I made them from a basic muffin recipe then adding some ingredients of my own and tweaking the cooking time. Very easy to make! Chop the raisins finely--don't mash them! The banana makes the already moist muffins, well, more moist with just a hint of banana flavor. Not to mention that it gives a good look on the muffin top crust. It's important that you use an overripe banana. Enjoy!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 large overripe banana, mashed
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped raisins
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beat well
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil (or any vegetable oil)
- 12 pieces raisins, for topping (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven at 400 Fahrenheit.
- Mix the dry ingredients together: flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, mix milk, oil, egg, banana, and raisins together. Mix very well.
- Pour mixture on dry ingredients. Mix only until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Put the batter on muffin pan (with muffin liners!) carefully. Top with one raisin per muffin, if desired.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until light to medium brown.