1/5 Photos of Yummy Almond Butter With 3 Variations
My sis and me made Sharon's wonderful Easy Homemade Almond Butter and liked it so much that we were inspired to come up with our own variations. We created a cocoa vanilla one, a vanilla and a cinnamon one. They are so yummy and taste kinda like candy only healthier. If you have a sweet tooth feel free to add in a ts or so of your favourite sweetener. The basic almond butter is different from Sharons in that is uses a little less oil and salt and a different method of preparation.
My Private Note
small b ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/3 cups almonds (skin on)
- 1/16 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil (a neutral one like sunflower or salad)
For Vanilla Cocoa Almond Butter
For Vanilla Almond Butter
- 3/8 teaspoon ground vanilla bean
For Cinnamon Almond Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- 2Meanwhile place almonds in a food processor and chop finely.
- 3Place almond pieces in the skillet and dry toast for about 5 minutes. The almonds should smell roasty and have a slightly golden brown colour.
- 4Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- 5Place almonds, oil and salt in a food processor and process into a thick paste. You can also use an immersion blender for this.
- 6If you like your almond butter less thick, just add a little more oil or water until you reach the desired consistency.
- 7Now add in the flavourings of your choice. Mix them in well with a spoon.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yummy Almond Butter With 3 Variations
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1340.2
- Calories from Fat 1107
- Total Fat 123.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 768.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.0 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 38.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: