Recipe by Rita~
Quick Easy and if your lucky enough (left overs are the best)! Make sure to slice the red onion super super thin (I use the mandolin). Oh!!!! Print the recipe you'll be asked for it. This doesn't get soggy so you can make the day before. This is great for pot lucks. Just layer all in a foil pan. If vegetarian you can use imitation bacon made of soy, you can change the fillings to anything you enjoy but I do suggest keeping the iceberg you can use romaine successfully and the peas and celery are a must in this recipe.
Top Review by Kyrashallen
I've made this recipe a few times now and it turned out great every times. I made just a few adjustments - exchanged a can of sliced water chestnuts, coarsely chopped for the cucumber and omitted the hard boiled egg. The seasoned salt really makes the dressing, although I cut back a bit since 2t. is pretty salty. I also always use Hellman's mayo w/olive oil.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, cored and cut into pieces
- 1 cucumber, seeded and sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, thinly sliced
- 1 red onions, thinly sliced or 4 scallions, slice thin
- 6 ounces sharp cheddar cheese (add more to taste)
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked nice and crisp crumbled into pieces
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped (optional)
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar (adjust to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream or 1⁄2 cup yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt (adjust to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer first 5 ingredients, one at a time, in a large glass bowl so you can see each layer. Don't mix the ingredients.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together and pour evenly over the salad in the bowl.
- Add a layer of cheese, then a layer of bacon.
- Then top with egg if using.