Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I've made this several times, and have always had rave reviews! My teaching partner, a Reese's nut, loves this, and requests it as a b-day cake! It came from the 5/25/04 issue of Woman's Day. It's beautiful, easy, and rich-tasting, and it looks like I cut thin layers of cake, and painstakingly layered 6 layers with the peanut butter cream! LOL Enjoy!
- Heat 2/3 cup cream in a large microwavable bowl until steaming.
- Add chips; whisk until smooth; slowly whisk in remaining cream; chill 15 minutes.
- Beat the chilled cream just until soft peaks form.
- Arrange 3 graham crackers, side by side, long sides touching, on a serving plate (looks nice on a rectangular plate, if you have one).
- Spread crackers evenly with 1/2 cup cream mixture.
- Repeat for 4 more layers, then add 1 more layer of crackers only.
- Chill layers (and leftover whipped cream) for 1 hour.
- Spread top and sides of "cake" with remaining whipped cream "frosting."
- Chill 4 hours, or up to 2 days.
- Decorate cake with more pb chips, if desired.
- Slice with a serrated knife, using a sawing motion.
This was very easy to make. The taste was very, very rich. I used a large, square dinner plate to build my cake, and it was a good size. My crackers slid a bit, so mine wasn't the most attractive, but it tasted good enough. :) Next time I might half the recipe (since it's just me and the hubby) and use the extra chips to decorate like suggested in step 10 to fancy it up a bit. Thanks for posting!