Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 min
My kids and husband inhale this bread. And I never worry about buying too many bananas as I can freeze them and use them to make this
- 2 cups flour (Wheat works well too)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 bananas
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine all dry ingredient: Flour, sugar and baking powder in one bowl.
- Mix with a mixer the bananas, eggs and sour cream. Mix well which is easier to do if the bananas have been frozen. Make sure there are no chunks of bananas, unless you like it that way. Add the canola oil and mix. Slowly add the bowl with the dry ingredients to the mixer and continue to mix.
- Pour batter into a standard, greased bread loaf pan. Bake for one hour to one hour ten minutes. But definitely test after one hour to see if it is ready. It should be golden brown and smell like heaven.
- Note: You can use less sugar if you prefer. I have gone down to 1/4 cup of each before and it worked well.
Perfect banana muffins! I made muffins for easy breakfasts for my kids and added chocolate chips. Love the sour cream addition and used half oil and half applesauce. They are delicious ... oh and baked up in only about 18 minutes. Thanks loralei!