Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A lot of breakfast burritos out there never seem to have enough meat! Here is a recipe that I whipped up one day when I was craving a filling breakfast style burrito.
- I find it easier to pre-cook the bacon and breakfast sausages in microwave on a plate lined with paper towels to catch the drippings. For one bacon slice and 2 breakfast sausage links, it takes about 1-3 minutes depending on microwave power. Remove and let cool, then chop sausage and bacon into small bits.
- Meanwhile, quarter-slice the hot dog lengthwise into four thin strips, then dice.
- Dice up 1/4 cup of ham.
- Next, dice the tomato and green onions.
- Break the eggs into a medium sized bowl and whisk. Add a splash of milk, and salt and pepper to taste. Whisk in the chopped tomato and scallions and put aside.
- Heat a non-stick frying skillet over medium heat. Lightly coat the bottom with oil of your choice.
- Fry the diced hot dog and ham until lightly browned. Add the cooked breakfast sausage and sliced bacon to brown.
- Pour the egg mixture over the meat in the skillet and scramble.
- Just before taking out of pan, sprinkle shredded cheese throughout. The residual heat will melt the cheese to a nice, gooey consistency.
- Serve in a warm tortilla, and with salsa or hot sauce if preferred.