Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is very similar to Starbuck's Frappucino that you get in the bottle versus the frozen drink or iced version you would get at the store. This really hits the spot on a hot day. I usually make this in a 24 oz glass with the tablespoons heaping, so you may need to adjust measurements depending on your glass size. If you prefer a caramel flavored coffee, use the caramel topping and leave out the sugar. The evaporated milk makes it taste more like a Frappucino, which does have a distinct evaporated milk taste, but it's still great without it and we often make it this way when we want something a bit lighter or don't have evaporated milk on hand.
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee (heaping)
- 4 -5 ice cubes
- 1⁄3 cup water, very hot
- 2 tablespoons sugar (heaping) or 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute (heaping)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup milk (approximately)
- 1⁄3 cup evaporated milk
For Caramel Flavored Coffee
- 2 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping (eliminate above sugar)
- The order you do this in is important. In a very large glass, preferably 24 - 26 oz, mix hot water, coffee and sugar (or caramel topping) until dissolved.
- Add the ice cubes and stir vigorously for about a minute until the hot water has cooled.
- Add the evaporated milk and then top off the glass with the remaining milk and stir well.
This turned out so much better than I thought it would! I didn't even use caramel, yet it has a light caramel taste to it!! I'll now be using this instead of spending lots of money on store bought Frappuccinos. Thanks!
This great.The only thing i do different is i use Torani syrup also i use my stick blender on the first step makes really frothy and creamy.
I thought it was pretty close to Starbucks. Added a little more sugar, may try with coffee creamer next time. Thanks for the recipe!