Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This comes from a co-worker who makes it every year for our annual Christmas breakfast. I love this recipe--it is so very easy, universally liked, and perfect for brunch get-togethers. By the way, I noticed the recipe printed funny--it's 3 4-ounce containers of egg substitute, for a total of 12 ounces. Thanks! :)
- 3 (4 ounce) cartonsreduced cholesterol egg substitute (Scramblers or other)
- 1 1⁄2 cups evaporated milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 cups frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 cup diced ham
- Combine Scramblers, evaporated milk, cheese, salt and pepper in large bowl.
- Add potatoes, onion, bell pepper, and ham.
- Mix well.
- Pour mixture into greased 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 60-65 minutes or until set.
This has become a sunday staple in our house. We make breaakfast burritos with any left overs so we have something quick and easy for the weekdays. This has become my husbands specialty and he has come up with some variations of this casserole. He has added canned green chillies and/or pico de gallo seasoning to it and used chorizo to give it a mexican flair. He also tried an Italian variation this morning, using mozerella cheese and pepperoni and adding italian seasoning and served it with some spaghetti sauceand parmesan cheese all on his own. This is a man who burnt macaroni and cheese while he was boiling the macaroni. Thank you again for a wonderful recipe.