Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are the crispiest most yummy mushrooms ever accompanied by this spicy over the top dipping sauce!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages white button mushrooms (rinsed off & whole)
- pre-packaged beer batter frying mix (usually says "for seafood")
- 2⁄3 cup beer (I used budweiser*)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- dipping sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- half a squeeze container horseradish cream
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 dash louisiana hot sauce
- 1. rinse off your mushrooms in water and set aside to drain.
- 2. mix your beer batter according to package.
- 3. dredge the mushrooms in the batter and place on -med heat- in oil to fry on both sides til brown and crispy in large shallow skillet.
- 4 meanwhile, mix dipping sauce together.
- 5. when complete, get some mushrooms and dip in the sauce and eat it! yum yum yum -- .
I'm sure the mushrooms were fine. I've used many recipe websites and make sauces for dipping, pouring, eating with chips etc.... This was the worst dipping sauce ever. It tasted spoiled. I added mayo, still bad. I added salt, a little garlic powder and a bit of ketchup. It was edible but not good. I would not suggest this sauce recipe ever.