1/11 Photos of Yummiest Ever Baked Mac and Cheese
A friend brought a big pan of this to a potluck and I HAD to have the recipe to make for my family. It is so yummy and creamy that it's hard to stop eating. We like it as a main dish with a salad, but you could serve it as a scrumptious side dish. These are directions for the full batch which will serve a crowd. It halves easily.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Cook pasta according to pasta directions just until done - you don't want it mushy, because it will absorb a little of the cheesy liquid in the oven.
- 3Combine soup, evaporated milk, butter, salt, and pepper in a large microwaveable bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, leaving a small vent, and cook for 6-7 minutes until the butter is melted and the mixture is warm-to-hot throughout. (If making a half batch, 4 minutes in the microwave should do it).
- 4In a large baking dish (minimum 9x13, smaller if halving the recipe), spread 1/3 of the cooked noodles. Top with 1/3 of the sauce. Sprinkle with 1/3 of the cheddar.
- 5Repeat layers twice, ending with the cheese.
- 6Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- 7When it comes out of the oven, sprinkle with a little dried parsley if desired. This gives it visual interest, and you can also pretend it's healthier.
- 8Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yummiest Ever Baked Mac and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 709.6
- Calories from Fat 403
- Total Fat 44.7 g
- Saturated Fat 28.0 g
- Cholesterol 135.4 mg
- Sodium 1252.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 30.1 g