Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe came from my SIL and seems similar to Paula Deen's. I've modified it to fit my needs (the original started with a raw chicken!). It's always a winner at my house!
- 2 -3 cups bite size cooked chicken or 2 -3 cups cooked turkey
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 (16 ounce) cans mixed vegetables, drained or
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables, thawed & drained
- 1 (2 cup) can chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- Spread chicken pieces over bottom of 13 x 9 baking pan.
- Spread vegetables over top.
- Spoon cream of chicken soup over veggies and spread out.
- Pour chicken broth over this.
- Mix milk, melted butter and bisquick together until fairly smooth (batter will have small lumps but they will break up during cooking).
- Pour the batter over the other ingredients. It will look like there is too much liquid but it does absorb during cooking.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until golden brown.
As Gabby LSW stated, this is very similar to the Paula Deen recipe. I have made both. I found this recipe wasn't quite as rich as the Paula Deen version, but without the sour cream and cheese it was also a little healthier. I goofed slightly and wasn't paying attention to the recipe. I ended up adding 2 16 oz cans of potatoes and a 16 oz bag of frozen veggies, which was actually okay for us because we really like the veggies. I also added about a tablespoon of dijon mustard. I mixed all the filling ingredients together and poured half into an 8x8 pan. I froze the rest along with half the biscuit mix. The dish was very tasty.
I made this for guest and everyone loved it. The best part is that it is so easy. I made it ahead of time and just added the Bisquick mix right befor baking.