Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
a tastier way to eat mashed potatoes
- 4 boiled potatoes
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon yogurt
- mash the potatoes.
- mix all ingredients except for the butter.
- shape into small spheres and flatten at the centre. (they should be roughly 1 inch in diameter and half and inch in thickness).
- heat a griddle or tava on the stove.
- place the potato rounds on them and bast with butter, roasting them on both sides till they brown.
- serve hot with chopped onions and ketchup.
- variations: you can add peas and onions to the mashed potatoes prior to shaping them.
- adding breadcrumbs, or conflour, or flour, or rice flour will make it easier for you to shape them and roast them.
- the spicier indian version is known as aloo tikki.
- can also be served between a sandwich or with curries.
This was quite tasty with an interesting combination of ingredients! I did add some breadcrumbs! Thanks for sharing. Made for Pick A Chef Spring 2008.