Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
My Uncle makes this quite often and after a re-union dinner tonight I decided I had better post this. He got this from an Amish friend and it's been a staple of his for many years.
- 2 lbs hamburger
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (16 ounce) package egg noodles
- 1 (8 ounce) package processed cheese, such as Kraft or 1 (8 ounce) package Velveeta cheese
- Brown hamburger with salt, pepper, brown sugar and onion.
- Add tomato soup.
- Cook egg noodles according to package; Drain.
- Add cream of chicken soup to egg noodles.
- Layer hamburger mixture and noodle mixture in 9x12" casserole with processed cheese between layers.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.