Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this from a fellow named Jack in Yuma at a party. I thought it was fabulous and luckily Jack shared the recipe with me. It can be made ahead. Have had alot of positive comments when I bring these out at happy hour.
- 1 lb jimmy dean sausage meat
- 1 lb spicy jimmy dean sausage meat
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 10 jalapeno peppers, cut in half and seeded
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- Fry the sausage meat and drain really well.
- Cut jalapenos in half, scooping out and discarding the seeds and veins.
- Mix together sausage with garlic, cream cheese and Parmesan cheese. Spoon into jalapeno halves (I use rubber gloves).
- Bake in 350 oven for 20 minutes.
- Makes 20 poppers.
- Can be made a day in advance and refrigerated til needed.
Wonderful and simple jalapeno popper variation! We loved the use of two types of sausage in the filling. Thanks for sharing! PARTY '11