Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
For those who love to snack to steer boredom away, try out these yummy waffles. Who said waffles were only a breakfast thing!;) The cooking time is a guesstimate. This recipe is from Chef Sanjeev Kapoor and appeared in the Young Times magazine today.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup plain pistachios, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 3⁄4 cup milk (I use Virtually fat-free milk)
- 7 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Heat a waffle iron.
- Sieve flour and baking powder together in a bowl.
- Keep aside.
- Beat eggs in another bowl, one at a time, and whisk well.
- Add sugar and cream well.
- Mix in flour and milk alternately.
- Melt 5 tbsps.
- of butter and add it to the batter along with the chopped pistachios.
- Mix well.
- Grease the waffle iron with butter.
- Pour a ladleful of batter in it.
- Cook till golden and crisp on both sides.
- Serve hot with honey or maple syrup.