Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Delicious and simple, this recipe is good enough for company, yet easy enough for a quick, everyday meal. I like serving this right in the parchment -- just carefully cut the tops open and peel back the paper a bit. This recipe goes nicely with rice or cous-cous and a nice, cold glass of chardonney! :)
- 14 ounces pineapple chunks, undrained
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, peeled and minced
- 2 cups mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb medium shrimp (about 30)
- Preheat oven to 200ºC (400ºF).
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the pineapple juice, honey, lemon juice, soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, cornstarch, and ginger; stir well.
- Slice mushrooms and onions.
- Cut 6 15-inch squares of parchment paper. Fold each square in half; open each, and divide pineapple chunks and shrimp evenly among squares, placing near the fold.
- Top the shrimp with 1/3 cup mushrooms and about 1 tablespoon of green onion.
- Drizzle 4 tablespoons pineapple juice mixture over each serving.
- Fold paper, and seal edges with narrow folds; place the packets on baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the packages are puffed and lightly browned. Serve in the packages.
this is a great, simple recipe -- pretty too! i sprinkled a bit of fresh, chopped cilantro after cooking because i love cilantro w/ citrus/pineapple -- it was delicious and added that little extra *something*