Recipe by Elaniemay
I got the original recipe from taste of home but changed it to suit our tastes. A delicious Muffin! I think this is my favorite of all! I highly recommend using the nutmeg.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pear (peeled and mashed)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine Flour, sugar, Baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg.
- Cut in butter.
- In separate bowl mix eggs, buttermilk, vanilla and pears.
- Stir into flour mixture until just moistened.
- Spoon into lined or greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 350 for 20 min, or until toothpick comes out clean.