Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are very easy to put together, you'll be done in under 30 mins. There is no baking but there is a 1 hr chill time. The bars look so tempting when cut and the layers are showing.
- 236.59 ml granulated sugar
- 236.59 ml light-color corn syrup
- 473.18 ml peanut butter
- 709.77 ml crisp rice cereal
- 709.77 ml corn flakes
- 177.44 ml butter
- 946.36 ml powdered sugar
- 2 vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix, mix (4-serving-size packages)
- 59.14 ml milk
- 340.19 g package semisweet chocolate pieces
- 118.29 ml butter
- Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over the edges of the pan; set aside.
- BASE LAYER:.
- In a large saucepan, combine granulated sugar and corn syrup; heat and stir just until mixture boils around edges.
- Heat and stir for 1 minute more. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter until melted.
- Stir in rice cereal and cornflakes until coated.
- Press mixture into the bottom of prepared pan.
- PUDDING LAYER:.
- in a medium saucepan, melt the 3/4 cup butter.
- Stir in powdered sugar, dry vanilla pudding mixes, and milk.
- Spread pudding mixture over cereal layer; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine chocolate pieces and the 1/2 cup butter; heat and stir over low heat until melted.
- Spread frosting over pudding layer.
- Cover and chill about 1 hour or until set.
- Remove set mixture from pan by lifting foil.
- Place on a cutting board; cut into 64 bars.
- TO STORE: Layer bars between waxed paper in an airtight storage container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
These are sinfully delicious!!! I cut the recipe in 1/2 and in no time had these made. I cut them small as I knew they would be rich and got 30 squares out of an 8x11 inch baking pan. Perfect little bar for the hot time of year when you want something sweet but don't feel like baking.
Congrats ! Your recipe is featured as the "Recipe of the Day!" on our homepage. (07/27/11)
My boys really liked this treat....I think it was all the cereal and I liked it because I used up the last bits of cereal in the boxes. I did cut the recipe in half and it still made a lot of cookies. Made for Photo Tag.