Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Nice and colorful - tasty, too. I don't recall where this recipe comes from, but I do know that the original called for chopped broccoli and, not being a big fan of that vegetable, I substituted celery. Use whichever works for you.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 small onion, fine dice
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, fine dice
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper, fine dice
- 1⁄4 cup celery, fine dice
- 1⁄4 cup zucchini, fine dice
- 1 garlic clove, very fine dice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup dried breadcrumbs, seasoned with a pinch each of basil, oregano and thyme
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Gently mix all the ingredients together. Too much mixing may result in a tough meatloaf.
- Pack into a loaf pan and bake for about an hour.