My family loves funnel cakes...that is one reason they always want to visit the travelling carnivals in our area. This recipe makes a pretty good funnel cake and the ingredients are usually handy.
My Private Note
"8 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the eggs, milk and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- 2In a separate bowl, combine the flour, powder and salt and beat into egg mixture until smooth.
- 3In a chicken fryer or electric skillet, heat at least a half inch of oil to 375 degrees.
- 4(I used a chicken fryer and had to keep the heat on high the whole time) Using a measuring cup or a funnel (keep your finger over the bottom of the funnel) and using a about a 1/2 cup of batter, release your finger and move the funnel or measuring cup in a spiral motion, forming the cake.
- 5(Pour from several inches above the hot oil) Fry for about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- 6Remove with tongs and place on paper plate or paper towels.
- 7Repeat with remaining batter.
- 8Dust each with confectioner's sugar and serve warm.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for YUM YUM Funnel Cakes!!!
Serving Size: 1 (780 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.9
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 70.5 mg
- Sodium 244.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 8.4 g