Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My family loves funnel cakes...that is one reason they always want to visit the travelling carnivals in our area. This recipe makes a pretty good funnel cake and the ingredients are usually handy.
- Combine the eggs, milk and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, powder and salt and beat into egg mixture until smooth.
- In a chicken fryer or electric skillet, heat at least a half inch of oil to 375 degrees.
- (I used a chicken fryer and had to keep the heat on high the whole time) Using a measuring cup or a funnel (keep your finger over the bottom of the funnel) and using a about a 1/2 cup of batter, release your finger and move the funnel or measuring cup in a spiral motion, forming the cake.
- (Pour from several inches above the hot oil) Fry for about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove with tongs and place on paper plate or paper towels.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Dust each with confectioner's sugar and serve warm.
These were so great! Better than getting them at the fair and SO easy!
These really are just like the fair! Super fast and easy to make, too! I printed this out less than an hour ago and I've already made a double batch AND cleaned up! Delicious! Thanks for posting!
This recipe is simple and eazy. I was having a craving for a funnel cake so I looked at the recipie went in the kitchen and withing 20 minutes I had my funnel cake!