Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Chocolate presentation PA Dutch style. We grew up with these cupcakes as a favorite "chocolate-delivery-vehicle".
FOR CREAM FILLING
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup oil
- 2 cups water
- Cream together all filling ingredients except chocolate chips. (cream cheese, sugar, egg and salt).
- Add chocolate chips and set aside.
- Mix cake ingredients together.
- Fill cupcake papers 1/3 full then using a teaspoon put 1 spoonful of filling mixture in center of each cupcake.
- Fill papers another 1/3 with cake ingredients.
- Bake at 375°F for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool and serve (if they make it through the cooling stage).
These aren't that yum yum, but are just okay. I don't think I will be making these again.
These were a special treat for the family! They are a wonderful little moist chocolate party for your mouth. I will keep this one handy to make again and will look for an excuse to do so. Thanks! Made and Reviewed for PAC Spring 09
My 6 year old made this recipe for the Kid's Cooking Forum's Zaar World Tour 4 Challenge. He basically made the entire recipe by himself and was ecstatic that they were sinfully delicious. We had some of the filling left-over, but that may be because of uneven scooping. It will be fun making another recipe to use it for! Thanks luvinlif2K! Whine and Cheese!