Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Delicious cross between raisin bran bars and brownies.
- 3 cups Raisin Bran cereal
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup turbinado sugar or 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix together dry ingredients, crushing gently with hands.
- Add wet ingredients and mix together.
- Pour into greased 8x8" pan and bake for 40-45 minute.
- This will look dryed out on top like brownies do.
- May add 1/2 cup chocolate chips. (I used sugarfree).
These are very good! I used Total cereal (didn't add any raisins), Splenda for the sugars & added some mini chocolate chips. They are very moist, so cool them completely! They are a great substitute for fatty brownies. Thank you for sharing!
Excellent substitute for brownies for those watching sugar. I used Sugar-Twin brown sugar and sugar-free applesauce. Added chocolate chips to top of finished brownies, let them melt, and iced top of bars. Served fat-free whip cream on top. The more crushed the cereal, the better. I used a potato masher to crush cereal. Even better if you can let bars rest a day or two before serving. They get very chocolaty and very satisfying. Serve warm too! A HUGE hit!