Recipe by Sackville
Another family classic, easy and yummy! The riper the bananas the better. I quite often throw in a handful of chocolate chips. In a pinch, you can use ordinary vegetable oil (not olive oil) instead of the melted butter.
Top Review by korij
I have now made this bread three weekends in a row, only using oil instead of butter, and it has been wonderful every time. Easy, very few steps and ingredients, perfect for this busy mom of four. thanks much!
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F or 180°C.
- Grease and flour one loaf pan.
- Mix ingredients in the order given.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake for one hour or until the loaf tests clean.
- If the top starts to brown too much, cover with aluminium foil and continue cooking until bread is done.