Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I took several recipes, put them all together, and tweaked them until I came up with this. This is a winner. It's a healthier version of everyone's favorite cake. Would be great for any special occasion as it's very pretty! Or I just like to keep one in my fridge now and then for sweet tooth cravings. ;)
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) box sugar-free jello, any flavor, 4 servings size
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can reduced-sugar vanilla frosting (Pillsbury makes one)
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup cold water
- Mix cake mix, eggs, and olive oil.
- Pour into a 13x9 pan and bake as directed (usually 32 minutes is perfect).
- Let cake cool.
- Meanwhile, mix Jello with 1 cup hot water until dissolved.
- Add cup of cold water, mix.
- Poke holes into cooled cake with a fork, in several places.
- Pour Jello over entire cake. Will look soggy.
- Put cake in fridge for at least 3 hours or overnight to let Jello set.
- Spread icing over cake. Let chill for 20 minutes or more.