Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Chinese roast ducks are the ducks you see hanging in the glass case in any Chinese restaurant or grocery. The have been glazed with a sweet hoisin sauce. Very quick and easy recipe. Great for picnics since you can toss right before serving.
- 1⁄2 large chinese duck, chilled (about 2 lbs)
- 2 inches fresh gingerroot, peeled and cut into thin shreds
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small green mangoes or 1 small green apple, peeled and cut into thin shreds
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons unsalted peanuts, ground
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon red chili, minced
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar or 1 tablespoon maple sugar
- 2 tablespoons nam pla
- Remove the meat from the roast duck and shred into thin pieces.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Toss salad ingredients with the dressing until well blended. Serve immediately.