Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I am a natural chef who found a simple chocolate cake recipe on the internet and fixed it up a little. Perfect for parties, or special gatherings!! Some tips would be to prepare it on a round cooking pan, instead of square!!
- 2 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup dark cocoa
- 2 cups flour
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup boiling water
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Grease and flour large round baking pan.
- In large bowl, mix in the brown sugar, dark baking cocoa, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Add eggs, oil, vanilla and milk; mix at medium speed for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in boiling water by hand.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 30-40 minutes until wooden pick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes, remove from pan to wire racks.