Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Our favourite Chinese Restaurant serves a great dipping sauce for their Prawn Har Gau. This is as close to it as I can get. Try it for dipping any steamed dim sum. Delicious.
- 1⁄4 cup chopped coriander
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce or 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- thin slices red chile (optional)
- Place all ingredients in bowl.
This was very nice but the flavour of coriander was very strong. It gave the sauce an undercurrent of soapiness. I also used the two soys instead of the fish sauce. Next time I make this I'll reduce the coriander and possibly add some ginger