Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I created this version of a quesadilla after searching recipezaar for a barbecue chicken quesadilla. When I didn't find one, I ended up making this relatively simple quesadilla that is quick, easy, and a kid pleaser.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1⁄3 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (i use the stuff in the jar)
- cooked chicken (enough to put a few strips in each quesadilla)
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2 flour tortillas
- 1⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded four-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 3 slices of precooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons oil
- sour cream (optional)
- Melt butter in frying pan.
- Add onions and sautee.
- Add mushrooms and sautee until desired doneness.
- Add garlic and stir.
- Add chicken to heat it up (if it's already warm you can skip this step).
- Take mixutre and place in a small bowl.
- Add the barbecue sauce and mix until everything is coated.
- Meanwhile, place about 1/2 the cheese on 1/2 of the two flour tortillas.
- Place mixture on top of the cheese and spread out.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese evenly over mixture.
- Fold the tortillas in 1/2 being careful that the ingredients don't fall out.
- Heat oil in frying pan.
- Place quesadillas in frying pan, and fry for about 1 1/2 minutes per side. The tortilla should become crispy.
- Take out of the frying pan, cut into slices and serve with sourcream if desired.
I really enjoyed the combination of barbecue sauce, chicken and cheese. I'll definitely make this recipe again! When I made my quesadillas, I did not use mushrooms, and I added a little bit of cumin, cayenne and hot sauce to spice it up a bit. Instead of using a frying pan, I used a mini grill. The presentation was excellent. Next time, I might try adding a little shrimp and cocktail sauce to do a shrimp quesadilla variant.
Enjoyed these quesadillas very much. I used some rotisserie chicken that was left over from another recipe and added a bit more mushrooms and some Sweet Baby Ray's bbq sauce. They really hit the spot! Nice change of pace for lunch. DH really enjoyed them. Made for Fall PAC, 2012.
This is very tasty! I did make a few changes to how I made it vs the recipe directions... I didn't have pre-cooked bacon so I diced it up and saut?ed it with the garlic and onions and left out the mushrooms and butter. I removed it from the pan and cooked the chicken, which I also diced, in the bacon grease to heat it through. Since I made this as a main dish, I used 2 tortillas per quesadilla and sandwiched them together. DH and I both really liked this and will be making it again! Made for Cookbook Tag.