Recipe by Babycat
I created this version of a quesadilla after searching recipezaar for a barbecue chicken quesadilla. When I didn't find one, I ended up making this relatively simple quesadilla that is quick, easy, and a kid pleaser.
Top Review by jpatel02004
I really enjoyed the combination of barbecue sauce, chicken and cheese. I'll definitely make this recipe again! When I made my quesadillas, I did not use mushrooms, and I added a little bit of cumin, cayenne and hot sauce to spice it up a bit. Instead of using a frying pan, I used a mini grill. The presentation was excellent. Next time, I might try adding a little shrimp and cocktail sauce to do a shrimp quesadilla variant.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1⁄3 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (i use the stuff in the jar)
- cooked chicken (enough to put a few strips in each quesadilla)
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2 flour tortillas
- 1⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded four-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 3 slices of precooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons oil
- sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in frying pan.
- Add onions and sautee.
- Add mushrooms and sautee until desired doneness.
- Add garlic and stir.
- Add chicken to heat it up (if it's already warm you can skip this step).
- Take mixutre and place in a small bowl.
- Add the barbecue sauce and mix until everything is coated.
- Meanwhile, place about 1/2 the cheese on 1/2 of the two flour tortillas.
- Place mixture on top of the cheese and spread out.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese evenly over mixture.
- Fold the tortillas in 1/2 being careful that the ingredients don't fall out.
- Heat oil in frying pan.
- Place quesadillas in frying pan, and fry for about 1 1/2 minutes per side. The tortilla should become crispy.
- Take out of the frying pan, cut into slices and serve with sourcream if desired.