1/5 Photos of Yum...a Tasty Barbecue Chicken Quesadilla
I created this version of a quesadilla after searching recipezaar for a barbecue chicken quesadilla. When I didn't find one, I ended up making this relatively simple quesadilla that is quick, easy, and a kid pleaser.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/3 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (i use the stuff in the jar)
- cooked chicken (enough to put a few strips in each quesadilla)
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2 flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded four-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 3 slices of precooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons oil
- sour cream (optional)
- 1Melt butter in frying pan.
- 2Add onions and sautee.
- 3Add mushrooms and sautee until desired doneness.
- 4Add garlic and stir.
- 5Add chicken to heat it up (if it's already warm you can skip this step).
- 6Take mixutre and place in a small bowl.
- 7Add the barbecue sauce and mix until everything is coated.
- 8Meanwhile, place about 1/2 the cheese on 1/2 of the two flour tortillas.
- 9Place mixture on top of the cheese and spread out.
- 10Sprinkle remaining cheese evenly over mixture.
- 11Fold the tortillas in 1/2 being careful that the ingredients don't fall out.
- 12Heat oil in frying pan.
- 13Place quesadillas in frying pan, and fry for about 1 1/2 minutes per side. The tortilla should become crispy.
- 14Take out of the frying pan, cut into slices and serve with sourcream if desired.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yum...a Tasty Barbecue Chicken Quesadilla
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 509.2
- Calories from Fat 369
- Total Fat 41.0 g
- Saturated Fat 16.4 g
- Cholesterol 67.0 mg
- Sodium 795.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 11.3 g